Odessa
Confound the winds, the sleet and snow.
Compound the dusk, the warmth and glow.
Abandon hope of things to come,
She will not have just anyone.
Troubled these thoughts which torment me,
Coupled with dreams I wish not see.
Confused the soul forever wandering,
Abused the excuse of my surrounding.
The tables turn with my desire,
My beating pulse demands more fire.
Recurring time, repeating line,
One can't escape -- the cell is mine.
Within four walls of reflecting mirrors
I see my face - in none I see hers.
But I am seen with keen inspection
As one to come to for direction.
I do not want this lofty task
Yet I will answer if she asks.
I beckon better days upon us
I reckon there's no need for malice.
The time will come once more one day
When grayness we will take away.
Until said time this ink will bleed
With words this paper it will feed.
-- Cagnazzo

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home