A Strangely Isolated Place [New York]
I've debated in simple thoughts; observations.
I've walked, they've laded.
I've found each time they were so unrelated.
You're so stiff and you're always waiting
Trying me with your million eyes
Focusing and refocusing -- I can't escape it.
'Cause I know once I'm in I'm gone
And if you think any different then you're just wrong,
Because you are me - we are you; you see?
And your cold stone and steel underbelly
With its steam vents for pores however unreal
Oxidizes this nervous road so never ending.
Why on Earth won't you ever sleep?
The onslaught of looming thought,
Your endless days must surely make you weep.
Yet I have never seen you weak,
Nor for that matter meek.
And although its no charge
To the funds you must reap,
Every shepherd you've had
Seems no more than sheep.
I've been here, for I know I've seen it before.
Just one year previous I stood at your door
Pleading for an answer to what its all for.
Hoping at last to settle the score;
To leave you drunk and defeated - a miserable heap on the floor
And I can't help but feel tables shifting once more.
-- Brendan Russell '06--

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home